When launching new software applications, companies need to ensure that their products are perfect from start to finish and that the user experience is excellent. The spurt in the number of app uninstallations and rejections by users in recent times proves that consumers will not accept any app that is mediocre in terms of functionality or usability. Hence, companies have started testing their apps rigorously using automation testing techniques. As per GMInsights, the automation testing market size crossed 20 billion in 2022 and is expected to grow even further.
Usually, an app undergoes many testing processes during development. However, these tests focus only on specific aspects of an application. Testing with an end-to-end testing platform is different from these tests since it focuses on the functionality and performance of an app from start to finish by stimulating real-world user scenarios. It aims to identify bugs that come up when all components are integrated and evaluate if the application delivers the expected output as a unified entity.
Let us look at the key risks of overlooking end-to-end testing:
- Poor quality: The final product may have quality issues that negatively impact the user experience, for example, functional defects, broken links, or missing features.
- Business loss: Without performing end-to-end testing, an application may fail to meet business requirements in terms of compliance, scalability, or usability or fail to deliver results like customer retention. All these failures can lead to poor feedback or reputational damage, leading to business losses.
- Challenges in testing: The application may pose challenges for future releases or updates as it may exhibit unpredictable behaviour. It may be challenging to ensure the consistency of the app across different environments and platforms.
The above challenges prove that end-to-end testing using a reliable testing platform is a must if organizations are to ensure success for their products. However, choosing the right end-to-end testing platform can be daunting, given the plethora of options available. To make your selection process easier, we have curated a list of tried and tested software testing platforms that have been creating a buzz with their incredible testing capabilities.
From this list of the best end-to-end testing platforms, choose one that matches your testing needs and budget.
When it comes to end-to-end testing, TestGrid is the automatic choice for many organizations due to its impressive track record and futuristic capabilities. This AI-powered platform allows testers to perform comprehensive end-to-end tests on its secure, cloud-based infrastructure and deliver superior-quality digital experiences to users.
- Test applications on thousands of real devices, browsers, and operating systems to ensure a positive user experience. Reduce your dependence on emulators and simulators.
- It is a unified platform to meet all your testing needs, API testing, cross-browser testing, visual testing, or deriving performance metrics.
- Scale effortlessly up or down as per your evolving testing needs.
- Conduct as many tests as you want in parallel across multiple platforms and environments, saving time, resources, and money.
- Retain customers by delivering high-quality software products consistently, and improve your sales and ROI in the long run with TestGrid’s efficiency.
- Easy accessibility for remote teams from across the world whenever they want.
- Reduced test maintenance efforts and expenses with an AI-based self-healing feature.
- Decrease your overall testing time by 60% and accelerate your development process to deliver products faster to the market.
A popular scriptless automated testing tool, Avo Assure offers agile teams greater test coverage without the need to write code. It supports cross-platform performance and functional testing on platforms like web, mobile, or mainframes.
- It has a unique mind map feature that lets you look at your workflow in a visual format, allowing easy monitoring of test activity.
- Easily integrates with services like Jira, QTest, and TFS.
- Offers an easy-to-use interface that facilitates better organization of your workflow.
- Allows testers to conduct more tests in less time, streamlining the development process
It is a tool that many organizations rely upon for their end-to-end testing requirements. It lets you create tests across native and hybrid mobile apps, web UI, and APIs.
- Offers cross-browser and cross-platform support
- Allows testers to write codes in plain English
- Secure infrastructure that is SOC2 Type 2 compliant
- Facilitates accelerated testing and generation of results in less than half an hour
- Verifies the complete end-to-end process flow
It is a scalable codeless automation testing platform that lets you integrate even the testing between different parts of an application. It offers more accessibility by providing cloud and offline deployment options.
- By storing test cases and results in the cloud, it offers greater accessibility
- It facilitates quicker implementation of the test environment, leading to faster automation
- Enables AI-powered test maintenance that identifies affected test cases by modifying a particular UI identifier
- Integrates seamlessly with popular CI/CD tools
It is a preferred E2E test framework that is suitable for all testing teams, irrespective of their skill levels. It is an excellent option for organizations who want to free their testers from test maintenance tasks.
- Get started on the platform without any set-up or installation
- Fix and maintain tests right on your browser itself
- Facilitates excellent collaboration between teams for test creation and maintenance
- Works with any test type, whatever its complexity
End-to-end testing should never be ignored and must be a mandatory part of the software development process if you want to ensure success for your software business. The process ensures that all the different components of an application work together as a whole, providing the users with a pleasant experience. However, choosing the right testing platform for E2E testing is vital for the success of your final product.
Organizations globally prefer using a reliable automation codeless testing tool like TestGrid since it is cost-effective, simplifies the testing process significantly, and ensures that your end product is perfect in functionality and free from bugs and defects.
TestGrid’s cloud-based real device and browser infrastructure lets testers evaluate applications across real-user conditions, guaranteeing the best possible user experience. By delivering perfect products on time, TestGrid enables you to remain competitive, satisfy customers, and increase sales and ROI to grow your business.